The Benefits of Switching:
● Homeowners can release equity from their homes to cover the cost of home improvements such as new kitchen, new extension, garden office, or attic conversion
● The option of utilizing your home’s equity for additional cash
● The opportunity to switch to a product more suitable to your financial situation
● The flexibility to consolidate your debts into a single, affordable monthly payment
Switcher Costs & Criteria:
How it works?
The upper limit on switcher mortgages is 90% of the current value of your home. Switcher mortgages were specifically excluded in the changes to mortgage rules introduced by the central bank in early 2015.
How much does it cost?
As a guide you should budget in the region of €1,200 for legal costs to switch your mortgage. Currently there are incentives from lenders varying between €1,000 and €2,000 towards legal costs.
A valuation fee of approx €150 euro is also payable as the new lender will require an up to date valuation before a loan offer is issued.
The switching process
You will need to have life cover to the value and term of your new mortgage in place before you draw down.
Redemption penalties may arise if you are breaking an existing fixed rate mortgage agreement. If you are looking to switch and are in a fixed rate mortgage agreement you will need to check with your current lender what if any penalty is payable if you switch.
Switcher Mortgage Calculator
* This calculator is for illustrative and guidance purposes only and is not an offer of a loan. The limits applied can vary so it's important to talk to us as early as possible about your plans. The amount you can borrow will depend on your individual circumstances and is subject to lending criteria, terms and conditions.
Warning: If you do not keep up your repayments, you may lose your home. Warning: You may have to pay charges if you pay off a fixed-rate loan early.
Get In Touch
Would you like to talk to someone you can trust, who will give you the best options based on your circumstances? If so, contact MC Financial today on 01-8228022, firstname.lastname@example.org or call us anytime on 087 9321882